Tonight I was sitting at my desk, going through my Flickr photos and then got all fidgety thinking about everything I’ve done this year as a member of the ONE Moms. I know Thanksgiving was a few weeks ago, but I am extremely grateful to ONE for showing me that I have a voice to help the world’s poorest.
And then I decided to go back through the year to chronicle all the work I’ve done with ONE. It’s pretty surreal. It is so important to me to not forget a thing.
- Met with ONE this February for the first time. I honestly didn’t know what that initial meeting would lead to.
- Traveled to Kenya with the ONE Moms. We met people health workers for HIV/AIDS as well as families who live with the disease every day.
- Traveled to Kenya with the ONE Moms. We visited Kibera, one of Africa’s largest slums.
- Less than a week after coming home from Kenya the ONE Moms were featured as ABC News’ Person of the Week. We held a viewing party at Blogher.
- I spoke about social media and social good during Social Good Week in New York.
- The ONE Moms met Dr. Jill Biden in the West Wing of the White House.
- I was on the White House grounds. Still amazed by that!
- I, along with other ONE Moms, was excerpted on the White House blog.
- The ONE Moms footage was shown on Good Morning America’s jumbo tron in Times Square.
- I met with my state senator’s office during the ONE Moms’ work on the Hill.
- I attended ONE and Red’s The Beginning of the End of AIDS panel where Bono (founder of ONE) and Alicia Keys were there.
- I attended the ONE and Red The Beginning of the End of AIDS panel where President Obama gave a speech about ramping up HIV/AIDS relief as well as donor dollars. Look how close I was to him!
Thank you, ONE!
If you’re not already a member, be sure to join. They don’t want your money. They just want your voice.