A creator of niche web communities since 2003 and blogger since 2004 Jennifer James is recognized as one of the global go-to leaders in the parent blogging community, social media space, and emerging social good and digital philanthropy space.
Jennifer, the mom of two, is the creator of the Mom Bloggers Club, the largest social network for moms who blog in the world with over 23,000 worldwide registered users. The Mom Bloggers Club has been mentioned in Forbes, Brandweek, CNN.com, AOL and on NPR’s All Things Considered. She was recently named a Fast Company Most Generous Social Media Maven, a top Blogger Changing the World, one of the top Twitter Moms by Babble.com as well as a Blogger Out to Change the World by Water for People. She currently serves on the ONE Moms Advisory Council and is a Sister on the Planet for Oxfam USA. James also writes for the Gates Foundation’s Impatient Optimists and Huffington Post.
In 2012, Jennifer founded Mom Bloggers for Social Good, a global coalition of over 3000 moms who care about the world’s most pressing issues. She has forged key partnerships with some of the largest NGOs and nonprofits in the world. Jennifer has been excerpted on the White House blog, was a featured entrepreneur at the Maynard Institute, and has had bylines at USAID, IntraHealth, Population Services International (PSI), World Vision, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, Healthy Newborn Network, Frontline Health Workers, ONE and (RED).
Mom Bloggers for Social Good has been mentioned by Forbes, Fast Company, the Chronicle of Philanthropy, the Huffington Post, and Scientific American. In 2012 she covered Rio + 20 in Brazil, The Family Planning Summit in London, and TEDxChange in Berlin. In 2013 Jennifer covered global health in India, Zambia, Tanzania, and South Africa. In 2014 she reported about health workers and global health and development in Ethiopia, Tanzania, and the Philippines. And reported on midwives and child health in Haiti.
- October 2016: Visited New Mexico to see water replenishment with Coca-Cola
- September 2016: Visited Nepal to see earthquake reconstruction with Coca-Cola
- April 2015: Visited Haiti to see vaccine campaigns and Midwives for Haiti
- March 2015: Spoke at IEG Conference with SOS Children’s Villages and Johnson & Johnson global health
- November 2014: Reported on the one-year anniversary of Typhoon Haiyan with World Vision in the Philippines
- October 2014: Reported about health workers in Tanzania with PSI
- July 2014: Reported on the PMNCH conference in Johannesburg
- June 2014: Led a team of 10 journalists with the International Reporting Project to report on newborn health in Ethiopia
- April 2014: Traveled to Ethiopia to see NGOs across the country
- March 24, 2014: Spoke at DACOR, an orgaization for foreign affairs professionals
- October 2013: Traveled to Tanzania, Zambia, and South Africa to report on global health and development
- September 2013: Traveled to Tanzania as an International Reporting Project Tanzania Fellow
- May 2013: Chosen to travel to Zambia with nine other new media journalists with the International Reporting Project
- May 2013: Traveled to Delhi to visit key Social Good Moms partners
- May 2013: Featured by Forbes: Mom Bloggers Build a Network for Activism and Change
- May 2013: Featured on Philanthropy.com: Mothers for Good: How an Online Community Champions Good Causes
- March 2013: Mentioned in Forbes in International Women’s Day Labor and the Right to Thrive
- March 2013: Profiled on SheKnows in Women Who Are Changing the World
- March 2013: Spoke at NYU’s Heyman Center about Women and Philanthropy
- February 2013: Named a Blogger Out to Change the World by Water for People
- December 2012: Traveled to Ethiopia with Save the Children
- November 2012: Named a Fast Company Most Generous Social Media Maven
- May 2012: Started writing weekly for the Gates Foundation blog Impatient Optimists
- April 2012: Received a National Press Foundation Global Vaccines Press Fellowship
- April 2012: Invited to Attend TEDxChange in Berlin by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- October 2011: Visited the White House with ONE.org and the ONE Moms
- October 2011: Excerpted on the White House Blog
- September 2011: Covered Fashion Week
- September 2011: Spoke at UN/ Social Good Week
- July 2011: Traveled to Kenya with ONE.org
Over the years Jennifer has spoken at major blogging conferences such as SXSW, BlogWorld Expo about community building and professional blogging and was tapped to speak about pitching to bloggers at MAGNET Global’s Social Media seminar.
Jennifer consistently consults with brands and NGOs on effective strategies for social media and digital influencer outreach.
Jennifer can be reached at email@example.com.