A creator of niche web communities since 2003 and blogger since 2004 Jennifer James is recognized as one of the global go-to leaders in the mom blogging community, social media space, and emerging social good space for mothers and parents.
Jennifer, the mom of two, is the creator of the Mom Bloggers Club, one of the largest social networks for moms who blog at over 18,000 registered users and Mom Blog magazine, the leading news site covering the mom blogging industry. The Mom Bloggers Club has been mentioned in Forbes, Brandweek, CNN.com, AOL and on NPR’s All Things Considered. She was recently named a Fast Company Most Generous Social Media Maven, a top Blogger Changing the World and one of the top Twitter Moms by Babble.com as well as a Blogger Out to Change the World by Water for People. She currently serves on the ONE Moms Advisory Council.
Jennifer founded Mom Bloggers for Social Good, a global coalition of moms who care about the world’s most pressing issues. She has forged key partnerships with some of the largest NGOs and nonprofits in the world. She has been excerpted on the White House blog and has had bylines at USAID, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, Healthy Newborn Network, Frontline Health Workers, and (RED). Mom Bloggers for Social Good has been mentioned by Forbes, Fast Company, the Huffington Post, and Scientific American.
- March 2013: Mentioned in Forbes in International Women’s Day Labor and the Right to Thrive
- March 2013: Profiled on SheKnows in Women Who Are Changing the World
- March 2013: Spoke at NYU’s Heyman Center about Women and Philanthropy
- February 2013: Named a Blogger Out to Change the World by Water for People
- December 2012: Traveled to Ethiopia with Save the Children
- November 2012: Fast Company Most Generous Social Media Maven
- May 2012: Started writing weekly for the Gates Foundation blog Impatient Optimists
- April 2012: Received a National Press Foundation Global Vaccines Press Fellowship
- April 2012: Invited to Attend TEDxChange in Berlin by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- October 2011: Visited the White House with ONE.org and the ONE Moms
- October 2011: Excerpted on the White House Blog
- September 2011: Covered Fashion Week
- September 2011: Spoke at UN/ Social Good Week
- July 2011: Traveled to Kenya with ONE.org
Over the years Jennifer has spoken at major blogging conferences such as SXSW, BlogWorld Expo about community building and professional blogging and was tapped to speak about pitching to bloggers at MAGNET Global’s Social Media seminar.
Jennifer consistently consults with brands on effective strategies for social media and mom blogger outreach.
Jennifer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.